Weekly Reward Chart And Star Chart For Kids Printable
These handy weekly reward chart templates will help you in habit formation of your child.
Children’s behavior is like clay, which can be shaped in any form of sculpture if the mould in a proper direction. The positive response should be cultivated in every child at an initial stage of life itself, and to make it happen, a reward chart can be used. Parents can use it for their kids, teachers for their students and people who want to accomplish any big work can use it.
What is a reward chart means?
The main purpose of a reward chart is to encourage the ethical behavior of a child, by giving him or her a reward for every progress. The charts are available in various forms like charts, printable, and some also provided in apps forms. Its primary goal is to make child attracted to rewards and push them to work on themselves. So, these editable weekly reward chart collection is the best tool for habit formation in your kids.
The chart will allow people to monitor the child’s progress, by monitor the task given by parents or teachers. The template is just a schedule, used for planning and recording the growth, but a child should be provided with symbols or stars like things as a reward. The reward will push child boundaries to do things which help them for better behavior.
Features of the Weekly Reward Chart
Making children do something is a difficult task. Little but essential changes can make things easier for elders. For making them follow the reward chart, you have to choose or customize the chart with some changes. Let’s discuss how changes in the chart can make the child follow it.
- Background colors: The colors are the foremost thing which attracts a child. If the background color is bright, the children will be attracted. Dull colors will make anything boring, and children show zero interest in it. So to make them follow it, try to choose the chart color brighter or Childs favorite color.
- Cartoons: Children feel more drawn and inspired by the characters they see every day. The cartoon characters attract them more. They even try to follow the character’s activities, so find a template with cartoon characters. This will make kids visit the chart and gets attracted to work which will make them a better person.
- Short goals: Keep the goals short. Try to make kids believe that if the chart shows the progress, they will surely get some rewards. Long term goals make them impatient, and they start losing interest in following the chart.
- Drawing and stickers: Hopefully, the chart templates are filling, not only with tick and cross. With every progress, the blanks are filling with emoji’s or drawings which make kids excited, and they feel like to fill all the blanks as soon as possible by performing best. This reward pushes your child boundaries more quickly because they themselves start showing efforts to change their behavior.
- Empty to full: Bring two bottles. One is full of prizes and the other is empty. Each time your child performs good behavior, ask him to pick one from a full jar and transfer it into an empty pot. That will increase enthusiasm for children, and the count on at empty jar will make them perform more good deeds.
- Setting goals: This task is for the person who is going to set goals for the kids. Parents should know their children. The behavior is not a one-day changeable thing; the child, even parent, needed to work on the chart as well. Before setting up the table, the parents or teacher have to decide and plan well how and what task they are going to assign to kids which make them earn rewards.
The weekly reward chart for kids is mainly for changing the behavior of kids, that too in exciting ways. But it should not become too hard and fast. The elder should create no pressure. Otherwise, the progress of positivity will go in negative and will lead to depression and bad behavior. It’s just like, the task, the chart will help your kid to learn with fun, and if you work with it correctly, the child will surely get lots of rewards and a positive attitude too.
Apart from this, weekly chore chart is also available for your kids and you can print the template online. Stay tuned for more printable weekly planners.
Make Each Day Productive With Monthly Schedule Planner Template
Free Printable Weekly Planner Template